Friday, January 14, 2011
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

Ahoy thar, maties!

I couldn't decide what Review to start off with, so after a few hours and some YouTube videos, I decided I should write about the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Heatsink with fan. I really, really like this Heatsink and Fan, in-fact, it's probably one of the best, if not the best, CPU Air Cooler you can come across.



If you're looking for a good Heatsink, I'd suggest getting this. The fan is completely silent and the Heatsink could mount on the following sockets: LGA 775, LGA 1156, LGA 1366, and AM3. So it's a very versatile heatsink.



It comes with everything shown, and as you can see, you get Cooler Master thermal paste; However, as most of us PC Elitest know, if you want real good temperatures for your CPU, get Arctic Silver 5 compound. It's only a few extra dollars, but it's worth it.



The CPU contactor of the heatsink is copper, so it keeps things real nice and cool.



It's good for those budget building, who want to Air Cool and OverClock, but don't want to put in that extra money for Water Cooling, this is definitely the Heatsink and fan for you.

My CPU is OverClocked at 3.7GHz, with 1.3V running through it and my temperatures are around 12c - 15c idle. Under stress tests, max celsius reached was 35c.



The only Con I have about this product is that it's massive. For those of you with a smaller case, DO NOT buy this product. It's far too big. If you have a pretty decent sized Mid-Tower Case, then feel free to purchase this Cooler; However, due to it's mass, I had to actually install my RAM (Memory) into the Motherboard, because the heatsink is so massive, that it overlaps the RAM slots, so be weary on buying this if you're worried about room.



That is my Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus mounted on my CPU, notice the heatsink and ALL of the fan over my first stick of RAM.

Another thing I'd like to add is that this Cooler was incredibly hard to install. I've had easier times with previous coolers, but this one was by far the hardest for me. All-in-all, I'd have to give this product a 10 out of 10. It's really amazing and does an outstanding job.

Until next time,
Jest.

Labels:

0 Shot(s):

Jest was shot at 10:58 PM